Saturday, June 19, 2010

Top 10 Things I LOVE About My Dad!

In honor of Father's Day I decided to make a list of the "Top 10" things I love most about my Dad!



1. His love for the Lord and that he has raised us to know and love Him also!



2. The fact that he makes up and sings random songs about anything! I find myself doing it sometimes too! ha!



3. His sense of humor, he can always make me smile!



4. His love for sports and that he is (was for me) willing to help coach and practice with us kids so that we could be our best!



5. His hard work and self sacrifice for his family!



6. His unconditional love, support and encouragement throughout my life!



7. His "grilling" abilities! ha! He is def. a "Grill Master"!



8. His discipline in my life and that he cared enough about me and my life to teach me about right and wrong!



9. The fact that he loves to aggravate my Mom and sisters on purpose. Drives them nuts...makes me laugh! :)



10. Most importantly I love my Dad because 24 years ago he chose to be my Dad and not just let my life be another statistic. I know that at times it has been hard and life may not have been what he expected or even wanted for himself , but I can never remember a time in which he complained about the responsibilities he had or the hard work he had to put forward. My life could have been so different if I had not had a father who loved me and wanted the best for me. I can't help but think about others that haven't been so fortunate and their lives are spent being torn between family members and choices over holiday etc.. I am so incredibly grateful for the love my parents not only have had for me but also for one another.


My Dad is my Hero!

No comments:

Post a Comment