Friday, October 29, 2010

Be Still and Know That I Am God...literally!

Whew! What an emotional week for the Jones'! I went in for my first stress test on Tuesday. It was kinda fun! They give you this little button like Jeopardy that you have to press any time you feel any kind of movement. They look to see that when the babies move that their heart rates go up around 10 beats and stay that way for 10 seconds. Kennan did very well but Kohen they had to "wake up" (by zapping my stomach with a vibrating thing - SO WEIRD!) a time or two. Once they did that he did well too.

Kennan's Face- Love those cheeks!

After it was done the nurse read the results and said that she thought they were good and passed. She then sent me over to ultrasound to do the first "Flow Study" on Kohen. He measured a little small on the last ultrasound so they wanted to make sure that he was getting enough nourishment through his cord. The study showed that he only has one vessel instead of 2 in his umbilical cord. This is causing him to be on the smaller side. Kennan weighed in this week at 3.6lbs and Kohen was 2.9 lbs.
Kohen's Sweet Face - Isn't he precious?

The high risk Doctor came in to talk to me after they discovered that Kohen only had one vessel in his cord and shared some complications that can happen with this type of cord. This "abnormalities" can lead to several things such as chromosome disorders like Down syndrome and also heart defects. They have scheduled a "Fetal Heart Echo" for Kohen on the 8th where they will look at all the parts of his heart to see if there is anything out of place. As far as the chromosome disorder, we will not know until he is born whether or not he has it.


Kennan's profile


Needless to say Tuesday was a very emotional day for us. After sharing some tears and talking a while Jordan and I spent sometime praying for this precious boy and for the Lord to prepare us for whatever may come. We know His plan is perfect and that He will equip us with whatever is necessary to take care of these two little boys that He has in trusted to us.


Kohen's profile

After finding these concerns with Kohen the Doctors felt like bed rest was necessary for me at this time. I have to lay down or be reclined a minimum of 18 hours a day (yikes!) for the next 2 weeks. They have told me if doing this doesn't help improve things a little and Kohen's weight doesn't improve, then I will be placed in the hospital to be watched closely until the boys arrive. We are doing everything we can to keep it from getting to that point!

They will continue to do 2 stress tests every week and 2 flow studies as well. It is comforting to know that they will be watching so closely and that if something were to happen it could be caught fast!

We are very blessed to have such a wonderful family who is willing to help us with Kelsie for the next few weeks. It was so, so, so, hard to know that I would not see her for a few weeks but at the same time it is not worth risking something serious in the lives of these little boys. For Jordan and I it was the first big decision we had to make regarding not just our "child" but our "children". We know she will be well taken care of and she LOVES being with her "people"!

I know these next weeks will be difficult at times and I am trying to put into practice (literally)Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God."


3 days of bed rest down ..... ? more to go!

1 comment:

  1. I just love these boys!!! God will take care of them and you guys :) I love you all! -Essie

    ReplyDelete