Monday, October 25, 2010

Fall Fun!

I love Fall! It is by far my favorite season! I love all the smells and colors and most of all the days when you can snuggle up with your favorite blanket and enjoy a nice warm bowl of homemade soup!

Since this is our first "Tucky" fall I was a little sad about not being able to do our usual fall traditions like going to Carter's Mountain to go apple picking in Charlottesville and having bonfires with friends. So I asked a friend here what her family did for fall and if there were any good pumpkin patches close by. She told me about this adorable pumpkin patch and then about an apple house that is right up the road from it so we decided to check it out!


It was the most adorable pumpkin patch I have ever been to in my life!!!! Not only did it have pumpkins but it had all kinds of cut outs from popular Disney films that kids could run and play in, many farm animals that you could see and pet, hay rides and more! It was wonderful!



They had Aladdin's Palace, Cinderella's pumpkin carriage, a Nemo maze, Captain Hook's pirate ship, scenes from the Wizard of Oz and the 3 little pigs house! It was all hand built and painted which I absolutely loved! It reminded me so much of something my "Mumpy" (wonderful Grandfather) would make!

Below are some pictures from our wonderful little trip to the pumpkin patch! We are excited that this will become our "Tucky" fall tradition while we live here!


Our Little Punkin' with the Pumpkins!
Picking out her pumpkin

Some days you just need to roll in leaves with your "Essie"


Kelsie and Daddy


Me and My Best! I was so so so so thankful that she was able to come when she did. It had been a very rough week for me both physically and mentally and I was so thankful for her help and company! It was so amazing to me that she had booked her flight a month ago and came in on a day when I needed her most. God is so good! He knew exactly what would be going on in life right now and knew what I needed. Nothing is ever a surprise to Him! I am SO very thankful that He has blessed me with a Best friend who cares about me and my family so much! She is a huge blessing to us!


The Princesses in Cinderella's Carriage
Me and My Husband :)

Kohen & Kennan needed pumpkins too! ha!

They love each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment