Thursday, February 18, 2010

Long Time No Update!

Hello All!

It has been so long since I have updated this blog! So sorry! I am determined to do better and update it every few days so you guys can "Keep up with the Jones'"!
The past few weeks have been interesting up her in the burg! Jordan was in Jerusalem for almost 4 weeks which was a life changing experience for him! He loved every moment of it and was so grateful for the opportunity to be able to go over and experience the culture and history of Israel. Kelsie and I did pretty well during while he was gone! Though we missed him terribly we were able to visit home for almost 2 weeks which was WONDERFUL!!!! To read all about Jordan's trip you can go to http://www.jordanatjuc.blogspot.com/



Jordan standing at the Sea of Galilee


School started back on January 22. This semester has gone fairly well for us. Jordan is still busy working for Dr. Fink throughout the week as a Graduate Assistant and is also working on his thesis. It is a lot of work and requires a lot of his time but he working hard to complete this HUGE project!


My classes are going well. I have a pretty easier semester this time. I am taking a photography course on Thursday nights that I LOVE!!!!!!!! It has been so fun to learn all about the different things I can do with photography! Each week we have a different theme or descriptive word we are told to "shoot" it has been really fun! I will finally graduate on May 15....whew!!!!!!!


Kelsie's new "Mean Face"


Kelsie has been doing great! It is becoming more and more obvious as the week go by that she is now a "little girl" and not a "baby" anymore! Her vocabulary has gone through the roof and she is using more and more sentences. She is so precious. My favorite thing is now she will come and grab you by your finger, just one, and say "Come play Me" as she drags you off to play in her room with her! Her favorite new came is "B's" ....we aren't sure why she named it that but she loves it! It usually consist of whoever is in the house being dragged into the kitchen to play with the magnet letters aka "B's" (since to her, EVERY letter she sees is a "B", except "O", ha!) on the fridge! After a few minutes she leaves and you are supposed to play by yourself...it is NOT ok if you try to leave without her permission! ha!



Kelsie playing "B's" with Jamie and our friend Jonathan

She is so much fun to be around and play with! I am so thankful I can be at home with her "most" of the time and can teach her things and watch her little imaginiation! We have been working on learning letters, numbers, shapes and colors! She has been doing great! We decided that the best way to learn colors is to eat MM's! So everyday we sit at a little table that was my Meme's when she was little and learn our colors by eating MM's! Without fail every time you ask her a color the first thing she will say is "Greeeeeemm"...ha...then she gives you a little smirk and says the right one! The rule is you can't have the candy if you don't get it right! :)


Yesterday was an interesting day for us. We got to experience our first "dislocated body part"....it was not a fun experience but we are glad it was an easy fix! Kelsie and I were playing in her room and she went to pull up on my arm and her elbow came out of socket! I quikcly realized that I DO NOT do hanging limbs! ha! I braced her up aganist me and we went to the ER...as long as her arm was aganist me she was fine...but if you moved it....oh man....it was NOT a good thing! They made me put her down to weigh her and when I picked her back up her arm slipped right back into place and she was instantly fine! It was amazing!

Over all we are doing well up here in the "Hill City"! We have gotten almost 3 ft. of snow over the past 2.5 weeks .... it was fun at first but not so much anymore! We are ready to see the grass! ha!



We would appreciate your prayers over the next few weeks! Jordan is anxiously awaiting replies from a few schools that he has applied to. One in Washington D.C. and the other in Ohio. Once he hears from these school we can get a better idea of what the futures holds for us after graduation in May!


We love you all and hope to see you soon!



1 comment:

  1. Yay for a new post! I love the pics! Love and miss you all! -Essie

    ReplyDelete